Ron Jackson Store at Reverb Nation!


Quantcast

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Seeing my Good friend Jack Wilkins at Bella Luna.



I finally started hanging out again after years of just gigging,then going home.
I decided to go at least once a week to see music, old friends and sometimes sit in. I used to do this all the time when first moved to New York. It became too much and expensive!
A couple of weeks ago I decided to go see Jack Wilkins at his weekly guitar hang at Bella Luna in Upper West Side. He had Ethan Mann on guitar as a guest that night. They sounded great!  I hadn't seen Jack for at least 10 years. The last time we played together was with the 5 Guitars Play Mingus in mid 90's( that shows how old I am!) We really had fun in that band. Everyone played back then, Larry Coryell, Russell Malone, Peter Leitch, Vic Juris, Peter Bernstein, David Gilmore and some others that I don't remember. When I saw and spoke to Jack, it was like yesterday.
He asked me to sit in and I accepted with pleasure. I played my new Eastman 7 string, which I still don't feel comfortable playing. I am still lost especially when transposing tunes. Most people say they don't notice but I do! Anyway it was really fun. I got to see old friends like guitarist Peter Mazza,  and play with percussionist Vanderlei Peirera and his wife Susan on vocals.  I was honored when Jack asked me if I want to play there. So I'll  be playing on July 31 Bella Luna with Jack.




No comments:

Post a Comment